Check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) below for the answer. If you can’t find your question below, you still need help or have additional questions, please call 860.274.3284, or fill out our contact form by clicking on the Contact Us button below and we’ll call you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Have Questions About Our Company, Products or Services?
- Is Oil Heat Efficient?
Oil heat has always provided efficient and affordable warmth and it’s gotten even better in recent years. Many oil-fired systems now display the prestigious Energy Star label, which signifies that they are technologically advanced and clean burning. Some oil heat systems have efficiency ratings that exceed 87%.
- What is Automatic Delivery?
Baribault Fuel will keep track of your oil using a computerized degree-day program that calculates your fuel usage, so we know to schedule a delivery well before your supply gets too low. Here’s the best part: you don’t even need to check your tank or call us. Just leave it to us. We’ll make sure you have what you need to stay comfortable all year long.
- What Do I Do If My Burner Doesn't Start?
- Be sure the burner switch is on. This switch is usually located at the head of the cellar stairs.
- Your thermostat should be set above room temperature (turn to at least 80 F)
- Make sure there is oil in the tank and that the oil-line valve is open
- Check for loose or blown fuses, or for circuit breakers in the “off ” position.
- Press the reset button, no more than once.
- Check to see if the flame comes on.
- If the burner starts and continues to run, readjust your thermostat for your comfort level.
- If the burner does not start or continue to run, then contact Baribault for service.
- Is There A Minimum Delivery?
The minimum delivery we provide is 100 gallons.
- What Type of Heating System Do I Have?
There are two ways to heat your home, hot air or hot water. If your home has ducts located in your floor or ceiling, chances are you have a hot air system. Your furnace produces hot air that is pushed through a series of ducts in your home. The other type of system uses hot water which is produced by a boiler. The water is circulated through pipes in your home and gets distributed into your rooms with baseboard heaters. Additionally, some boilers make steam which is distributed into steam radiators.
- What Is Your Delivery Service Area?
In general, we deliver to the following areas Bethlehem, Cheshire, Litchfield, Middlebury, Morris, Naugatuck, Oakville, Oxford, Plymouth, Prospect, Southbury, Thomaston, Waterbury, Watertown, Wolcott, and Woodbury.
Special consideration may be given for customers outside this area. Please contact our office for details.
- Will The Service Calls Be Covered By My Contract?
Most no heat calls will be covered by your contract. Read your contract and call for details. Service calls that are not no heat emergency calls are also normally covered by contract, if they are done during normal weekday service hours.
- How Often Should I Have My Furnace Cleaned?
We recommend that you clean your furnace once a year. The best time to perform your yearly cleaning is during the warmer months. By doing your yearly cleaning before the cold winter season this will help insure your unit is up and running at its peak performance.
- At What Temperature Should I Set My Thermostat When I am Home or Away On Vacation?
To conserve fuel, keep your thermostat at the lowest setting with which you are comfortable. Although each person is different, temperatures between 65-72 degrees are the most common. Of course, a lower thermostat setting will help you save on your annual fuel consumption, but you need to feel comfortable. When you are away on a winter get away, you can put your thermostat at 65 degrees but make sure you have someone checking on your home on a daily basis.
- Do You Accept Credit Cards?
Yes we do. At this time we accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover. We can also set your account up for automatic payments.
Propane Safety Tips
Want the latest news, insights, and tips and tricks from Baribault Fuel, delivered right to your inbox? If so you should receive our newsletter!
At Baribault Fuel, we take Customer Service seriously.
If this is an emergency, please call us at 860.274.3284 that’s the quickest way to reach us.
If you have any comments, questions, or concerns – we want to know about them. You can give us a call or fill out our contact form by clicking on the Contact Us button and someone will get back to you within 24 hours or the next business day.
What They Are Saying
Best choice we could have made. We especially appreciate the personal attention of the owners. It's rare these days.